Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Ecrabb modified SMPTE Pattern
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
stridsvognen wrote:
Nice patterns, if i should have a wish its one where you only have low level patterns in it, like op to 20 or 30% for not washing out the 2% pattern.

I was thinking he could reduce the corner patterns to a lower % , like 25 %, left top, 50 % right top, 75% bottom left
and 100% bottom right.

This way we see the two left ones in the x5% range.

A second one would be go to 5% intervals after 10%.

For that version the patterns could be smaller in size as well.

Aslo on the version you made last remove the border on the luma ramp please. what you can do to signify
the 16 level black is put two small white dots marking it above and below the pattern. That can be done on the white side with black dots marking 235 level white in the pattern. maybe put the 16 level white dots in the ramp as well not above and below.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Nice patterns, if i should have a wish its one where you only have low level patterns in it, like op to 20 or 30% for not washing out the 2% pattern.

I was thinking he could reduce the corner patterns to a lower % , like 25 %, left top, 50 % right top, 75% bottom left
and 100% bottom right.

Athanasios

Ill like it to stay below 30% all around, it would be a good way to take a really good look at 1:1 at low level, to see if the signal is clean and undistorted. And use it as a G2 setup pattern to.

For me these patterns is realy nice when i play with the MP mods, and try different components myself.

They will look quite bad on any standard CRT.

Try run them on a digital projector/ flat panel, and see what happens.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and one more thing this can also become and over scan pattern simply by adding on the cross hatch the points with an arrow for 2.35 and 2.40.

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

and 100% bottom right.

Athanasios

Ill like it to stay below 30% all around, it would be a good way to take a really good look at 1:1 at low level, to see if the signal is clean and undistorted. And use it as a G2 setup pattern to.

For me these patterns is realy nice when i play with the MP mods, and try different components myself.

That could be another pattern, called the One to One pluge Very Happy

I would do 30 on each end and move inward with lower % whites in 5% incriments and the 2% in the middle.

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

and 100% bottom right.

Athanasios

That could be another pattern, called the One to One pluge Very Happy

I would do 30 on each end and move inward with lower % whites in 5% incriments and the 2% in the middle.

Nashou

Ohh and patterns with secondary colors, and i think a gold pattern would fit the season. Wink

ecrabb... would you be interested in a job as pattern generator.? Wonder if any of those patterns can be uploadet to the Croma pattern generator.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
ecrabb... would you be interested in a job as pattern generator.?

Depends on the salary. Laughing

Hey, guys... Lots of ideas flying around. I don't mind a little "scope creep", but I don't want to take what could just be an idea as direction, or dismiss anything that's crucial or important. So...

Can one of you guys sort of "lead" and take this last round of discussion and put it into a couple of specific specs so we can finalize at least this pattern? What I'm getting it is to hash out the ideas (ala "I was thinking..."), agree on what exactly you want, and then I'll build it.

Maybe we could then turn this into a discussion on other types of patterns we'd all like, variations, colors, etc., then we could even build a list and turn it into a whole set of patterns. What patterns are you missing to set up your system?

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
ecrabb... would you be interested in a job as pattern generator.?

Depends on the salary. Laughing

Hey, guys... Lots of ideas flying around. I don't mind a little "scope creep", but I don't want to take what could just be an idea as direction, or dismiss anything that's crucial or important. So...

Can one of you guys sort of "lead" and take this last round of discussion and put it into a couple of specific specs so we can finalize at least this pattern? What I'm getting it is to hash out the ideas (ala "I was thinking..."), agree on what exactly you want, and then I'll build it.

Maybe we could then turn this into a discussion on other types of patterns we'd all like, variations, colors, etc., then we could even build a list and turn it into a whole set of patterns. What patterns are you missing to set up your system?

SC

Ok i'll take over while they are sleeping Wink

Quote:
Aslo on the version you made last remove the border on the luma ramp please. what you can do to signify
the 16 level black is put two small white dots marking it above and below the pattern. That can be done on the white side with black dots marking 235 level white in the pattern. maybe put the 16 level white dots in the ramp as well not above and below.

And do the reduced brightness of the corner patterns. top left start at 25%, then top right at 50%, bottom left 75%, and bottom right at 100%.

And on the 1.78 pattern maybe there add the 2.35 and 2.4 aspect ratio markers on the cross hatch you have .

that should do it

One Smart Dog!!!

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patterns you made now are fine as a test/ evaluation tool, if you like to continue later on a low level version would be nice, and maybe a inverted one with 100%white background.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still missing good focus patterns on png or so. I have to start windows and these nec/nokia programs for that. If I had dots and H's I would be happy.
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's version .98 with the latest round of requested changes. No doubt I've forgot something. Wink

Cheers,
SC

ecrabb_multi-step-crosshatch-098-178.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.72 KB
 Viewed:  6852 Time(s)

ecrabb_multi-step-crosshatch-098-178.png

ecrabb_multi-step-crosshatch-098-235.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.37 KB

ecrabb_multi-step-crosshatch-098-235.png

ecrabb_multi-step-crosshatch-098-240.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.12 KB

ecrabb_multi-step-crosshatch-098-240.png

View user's photo album (10 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect!!!!

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nash.. Show us how this new pattern looks on the blend.. Thumbs Up
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nobody else want to post any shots, i have one here from my MP special 02VIM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: