Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee 2008 Ultra Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
You are right i was saying what you where writing that the lvps had gone bad. But I think your gutfeelings are mostly right as I came to know Smile

I bought a vertical board from mike and asked if he has any shaking going on and he said no nothing shaking here not a mm Smile

I only came to finishing the red tube today 2 to go.

Is it just me or are the Marquee boys having a lot of bad lcuk lately? Tubes gone bad in transport now your problem. I had some stupid problems. Grrrrrrrrr.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't I know it. Bad things usually comes in 3 did you know that..? You had your bad luck with your tube.. Kurt with his.. and now me with the sync issue! Smile

Scandinavians and Europeans seems to be cursed God dammit! Smile

Last edited by thewolfman on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also bought a conv board from Mike heavily modified. But we can do the modifications ourself. If you want I can help you with these mods if you get the parts. They should bring the noise down and perhaps less shaking?

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
I also bought a conv board from Mike heavily modified. But we can do the modifications ourself. If you want I can help you with these mods if you get the parts. They should bring the noise down and perhaps less shaking?

Thank you for volunteering to help me about this. But yes, I can solder! If you point me in the right direction and some pictures to go with it, I should be able to do this.

You already know what to do?

If it gets to intricate I could also send you my conv board to you with a stack of Euros.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaah you greatly helped me with chosing the parts and contacting Mike. I do not know what to do yet but if you ask Mike he will probable make a parts list or perhaps sell you some boards. He was not expensive. I think you can solder them. I am also not a professional in this area. But we will see.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
I am also not a professional in this area. But we will see.

You seemingly look like you are and any help you could provide is good to anyone.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one thing you could do for me though.. but only if you're up to it as I know you are ill.

1. Insert the 2008 CLM in a normal Marquee and see what happens.

2. Insert the modded VIM 03 from MP when it gets there and see what happens.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you re seat the HDM Wolf?

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Did you re seat the HDM Wolf?

Nashou

No, it never even occurred to me that I should.

Last edited by thewolfman on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
There is one thing you could do for me though.. but only if you're up to it as I know you are ill.

1. My normal Marquee is an ultra so likely it would work but what would it tell you?

2. Will do!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

1. My normal Marquee is an ultra so likely it would work but what would it tell you?

2. Will do!

It's just to see if 2008 CLM really needs to be matched with the more parts from the same machine. If you would get no sync also, or other strange phenomena, than there might be nothing wrong with the CLM I have, it just needs more parts from the 2008 to get here to be fully operational. It could be that simple. We can take it via e-mail some time to talk it over.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double posting. Deleted.

Last edited by thewolfman on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to test all these 2008 components anyway to see if they do something better so will do that. But takes some time. Have to find a seringe tube first.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it running again, with a 8500 HDM installed. Awful image, but it works.

I got it working with the new 2008 HDM + same old stuff as before, 1 time, went for a walk with the dogs, came home, and it wouldn't start again. Impossible. Tried 2 times with the 8500 HDM and it starts inc the 2008 CLM + non Ultra DB:s. Strange..

I found evidence of melted glue from the Dragan Ultra HDM that I normally use. In fact, the other day when it wouldn't start, there was noise coming from the belly fans but couldn't find any loose cables or anything like that, it turned out it was the melted glue that formed a string all why down there. Not sure if it's broken or how it got to be so hot.. belly fans is not something I use with anything less than 12V with chassis on so a little strange that too. It could have formed over a longer period of time of course, when I did use 9V every now and then, but I will definitely install many more fans like I said I would.

Bottom line is that none of the Ultra HDM work anymore but stuck with this oldie 8500 HDM.

Anyway. I'm like 90% sure that mixing boards as I have done is the cause of all of this. I expect it to be fully working when every Ultra part is here so not that terribly concerned anymore. But it would be great if you tested some on your own Marque too, Redfox.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original belly fans are a 24 volt fan. If the fans do not push enough air through the HDM and FCM then they will get very very hot and could get damaged.

please run the fans or use fans that have the proper CFM AND Pressure in mmH2O.

You might have fried all your HDMS by not cooling them properly .

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dragan Ultra HDM might be a write off but the other one has only been used today for like 5 minutes when I got it to work. I turned it off, took the dogs for a walk and then would not start when I came back home, so that one should work as it hasn't been overexposed with heat either.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I can't add much but perhaps it is wise to do a complete reset. The focus might be driven to hard at 100 the convergence might be driven to hard. In combination the cooling might be to low?

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will resolder the fans back to the 24-12 step down converter and just use that. But it's not going to change anything as they already are at 12V and have been for quite awhile. I'm sort of fed up right now so maybe someday when I'm more motivated.

But it got me thinking that I should muffle the surrounding area with the use off padding that often comes in the shipping boxes. Just carve and paste as much as possible. Everywhere.

Even the insides of the VV2 chassis could get a treatment, but for this I would use maybe AKASA deadener because I'm not going to ugly it down by sloppy bits there. And hearing how the chassis alone did quite it down a bit makes me want to do this.

And also a muffler for the bellys, like a loaf of bread 4 inches thick with 3 holes in it, to see if that makes any difference. It would look rather ugly of course, but nicely carved and a can of black spray will make it less ugly I guess.

I have reset the pj several times, and also with the 8500 HDM now, but RGB-focus are left where they are at 100, so its not going to change anything by resetting those values as they go straight back to 100 later. More or less it's always been those numbers.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to let here breath a little and make some noise Very Happy That is the charm of CRT. I completely forget it when I am in a movie. But that only happens when it is below a cetain level. Without the housing the Marquee seemed quiet enough with only the lvps mod.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally have all the tools needed to do the necessary autopsy and modifications to the chassis. I plan on narrowing down the green plastic housing in order to fit the fans on the HDM + FGM.

At first I thought that thin fans, with little air pressure, was the way to do this, but doing it this way is so much better which lets you use normal thick fans. I'm expecting dual Silent Wings 2 120mm fans + Lamptron FC5 v3 from Germany to be here next week and couldn't be more excited.

What else... yes, I'm also closing the air-holes on the lower aluminium side-panels. I want to do this because more fans will be added later to blow air from the backside rather from underneath. That, or both, at a lower voltage around 10-10,5 volts.

The further off my ears gets from the air-turbulence I'm getting from the belly Cougars, the better off I am, because they really are noisy bastards I tell you. So the Cougars will definitely be moved from the belly to the VNB cage's instead and blow air towards the front.

Silent Wings 2 is the overall winner in all the threads I have read so far so that's why I getting more of them.

I bought a faux Dremel for 15$ today and wonder how they even are still alive ..

Front before.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  415.75 KB
 Viewed:  5473 Time(s)

Front before.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13
Jump to: