Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Anyone got a Commodore 1702 picture tube and yoke?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rstor

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Those horizontal bars are from the camera. I recall when looking through the camera they appear to be scrolling upwards.

I was considering opening the case and trying to do the adjustments myself however I'm concerned about the high voltages as I have no experience working with CRTs.

If it is due to age I guess there is no way to tell until all settings are calibrated ? I did also notice that on the right hand side of the image it appears somewhat wavy. Also at the center of the image it is kind of reddish in color.

When I was transporting the CRT after purchasing. it was sitting in my trunk in the proper orientation and when making a turn it tipped over face forward.... I am curious if this could have had an effect on it..

I`m in Mississauga, Cawthra and Lakeshore.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRT's are pretty tough. Unless the shadow mask came loose on the bump. the discoloration may be from the change in orientation from where it was to where it is now. Or it could have picked up some magnetism along the way.

Just for future reference. I transport all monitors, face to the seat, with a seat belt wrapped around them and, if the seat belt supports it, I pull it out and ratchet it back ( the child seat feature ). Haven't lost one yet.

Mr and Missus Saga huh? I'm out that way from time to time.

As for calibration, there's not too much to adjust on those. From what I can remember just a few tabs and maybe the flyback.
Playing with CRT's when you don't know what to poke can be dangerous. There's a dent in the wall of my old bedroom from my head when I got thrown into the wall at age 11 working on my first CRT that can attest to that Laughing

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
rstor

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:

Playing with CRT's when you don't know what to poke can be dangerous. There's a dent in the wall of my old bedroom from my head when I got thrown into the wall at age 11 working on my first CRT that can attest to that Laughing

Ouch! I`ve read many stories of people getting thrown across the room when working on CRTs, that`s always dissuaded me from venturing around in there.

Perhaps I should just absorb the $25 bucks spent on this one as I`ve seen others selling for around $40-$50, and just purchase another one which is confirmed working with a good quality picture.

BTW, the dead 1702 that I was referring to is being sold by a lady in Dixie Value Mall Flea Market for $10. Its a stall that sells video games.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes even dead they are worth money.

I'm trying to clear stuff out so I'll pass. In 2010 when I first wrote this post, I was still in my collecting phase.

Just today I passed on a Nintendo with a bunch of games.

CRT.

HD done right!
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody want a working 1084? I assume it's not worth shipping, but before I throw it on Craiglist for free, I thought I'd ask here. Nice little monitor. I used to have the s-video-to-dual RCA laying around, but I can't find it. Sold the Panasonic S-VHS decks I was going to use with them, so may as well let the monitor go, too. It's the last SD display I have around.

SC

EDIT - Holy crap, I see people are paying $100 for this model on the bay! Holy crap! OK, does anybody wanna give me… Say, $40 plus shipping for it? Twisted Evil
View user's photo album (10 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Anybody want a working 1084? I assume it's not worth shipping, but before I throw it on Craiglist for free, I thought I'd ask here. Nice little monitor. I used to have the s-video-to-dual RCA laying around, but I can't find it. Sold the Panasonic S-VHS decks I was going to use with them, so may as well let the monitor go, too. It's the last SD display I have around.

SC

EDIT - Holy crap, I see people are paying $100 for this model on the bay! Holy crap! OK, does anybody wanna give me… Say, $40 plus shipping for it? Twisted Evil

Will you throw in two Extrons and a couple of Python cables? Laughing

CRT.

HD done right!
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Will you throw in two Extrons and a couple of Python cables? Laughing

Heheehheeh...

….

Yes.

Anything to get this stuff out of here! I do NOT want to throw anything away. Pretty much everything I have is all either pristine (like the Extron) or very nice. Somebody take this stuff of my hands!

SC
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your cut off date?

CRT.

HD done right!
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're out of here the 24th, so this weekend is pretty much it to get stuff packed and shipped. The few days after that will be a nightmare of getting packed and ready for the move. I'm trying to con the other Jeremy into taking the Extron stuff.

SC
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'd like to have it but I don't really need it you know? What the hell, check your PM's

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rstor wrote:
AnalogRocks wrote:

Ouch! I`ve read many stories of people getting thrown across the room when working on CRTs, that`s always dissuaded me from venturing around in there.

Perhaps I should just absorb the $25 bucks spent on this one as I`ve seen others selling for around $40-$50, and just purchase another one which is confirmed working with a good quality picture.

BTW, the dead 1702 that I was referring to is being sold by a lady in Dixie Value Mall Flea Market for $10. Its a stall that sells video games.

Hey rstor, did you ever pick up that other 1702?

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: