Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Universal Remote MX-850 editor software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanR13

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Steve,

PM Received. Much appreciated, sir. Will give it a go!

Best,
Alan
acPDX

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve - I am in the same boat as all the others, an old 850 that needs updating but no software. Can you please help? Thanks.

Alan
peterbreet

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve... same story. I finally found you and this forum with current 2014 dates!

I have a need to program an MX800. My B&K Reference 50's came with MX700's and I want to get an MX800 and I will need the software to program it.

THANK YOU
nickxp

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAME OLD STORY COULD SOMEONE SHOOT ME THE LINK AS WELL. BEEN LOOKING FOR THE 850 SOFTWARE FOR AGES

AlanR13 wrote:
Steve,

PM Received. Much appreciated, sir. Will give it a go!

Best,
Alan
peterbreet

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I got my brand new MX800 in a box from ebay today.... thanks for the PM, works great.
nickxp

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way someone could shoot me a PM with the link for the mx850. I have a pretty paper weight on my counter right now. Much thanks
250GTE

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

It is time for me to reprogram my remote and a more current version of the MX-850 software would make the process much easier. If you could PM me a link for the current version of the software it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mgd1987

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve - I am in the same boat as all the others, an old MX-850 that needs updating but no software. Can you please help? Thank you in advance!
ca4c

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the same situation. I've had my MX-850 for years and used to have the editor but my old laptop blew up and I lost it. My dealer no longer sells URC.

If anyone could help me please with a PM message or link to the software it would be greatly appreciated!
TechDad

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: MX-850 Editor Software Needed and Question Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've come to the same wishing well..I am looking for an updated copy of the MX-850 editor software.

I have an old copy (C) 2002 of the MX-850 software. I am using it on two machines:
1) Win 7 with 2 different USB to serial adaptors (Gigaware and Staples)
2) Gateway laptop running Win 2000 NT with a built-in serial port

Both machines are giving me communication errors within the MX-850 editor software.

I have checked all the settings that have been recommended and tried all the little fixes to no avail.

Is it my adaptor? My Versions of Windows? The cable (which came new in the MX-850 box)???

I was able to upload the programming from two older MX-850's using the USB to Serial adaptor.

I would love to try another version of the software to see if this will resolve the problem.

If someone can offer me the file, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading my first post!

Best,
Jamie

gdruff

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: mx-850 editor software Reply with quote

Like all the rest, I too am in desperate need of update MX-850 editor software. Any help would be much appreciated.
jim.ryan.63

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: help me Obi-Wan (aka HK-Steve) -- also seeking MX-850 SW Reply with quote

I am yet another newb seeking a version of the MX-850 editor software -- that will work with MS Windows XP. Thanks for any help this community can provide.

I got my remote from a small "commercial" outfit near my home in Michigan called HT, USA Solutions. The guy who runs it (Bob) is an unethical hack IMO. I moved into new construction and the builder pressured me into working with this guy for my home entertainment needs -- worst decision of my life.

In my previous house, I had a URC MX-700 and liked it, since I could program it myself using just the remote. This guy, Bob, said I should get the MX-850 because it had more programming-ability which he said would better accommodate my interest in whole-house audio & video with Internet access, etc. Shame on me for not realizing that the MX-850 had programming-ability that only he could/would provide.

I don't like being forever beholden to anyone to whom I have to continually pay nontrivial sums to do this kind of work which I can do myself -- provided I have access to the needed software (which "my friend" Bob wouldn't give me when he turned over the remote to me with the rest of the components he set up for me).

So, now you know why I'm here. If it helps, the # inside the battery compartment of my MX-850 is A070213 0302205. Thanks again in advance for any DIY-type help you can provide me.
jweigel23

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: mx-850 software Reply with quote

Just acquired the remote, but having the same issue locating the software for the mx-850 w/ the latest updates. Any help appreciated.
HK-Steve

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500, Epson 8100

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Sorry I am not here much any more,

PM's sent to you all. Enjoy.

Cheers
Steve

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the link. At first I didn't think the live update process was working -- got an error message that it failed to save the update file. Once I figured out to run the Editor program by right clicking and 'run as administrator' everything worked like a charm.
250GTE

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, you just made my next reprogram much easier!
HK-Steve

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Enjoy.

Cheers

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: MX-800 software Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thanks for being a great home theater resource. I too bought a MX-800 to run RF not realizing it wasn't programmable like my MX-500. If you would be so kind to send the link to the software it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce
HK-Steve

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Sent

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. Does this version still do live updates? I tried it and a message pops up stating "failed to save patch"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12
Jump to: